Management Accountant / Financial Controller
Founded in 2014 and featured on Dragon’s Den, ENCLOTHED.CO.UK is transforming the way men shop through a blend of technology and personal stylists
At ENCLOTHED.CO.UK we firmly believe that our customer is at the centre of everything we do and insist that each and every customer has a personal experience from the first moment of contact right through to the after sales experience and support. Every staff member, regardless of their role within the business, must always have the customer at the forefront of their thoughts.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Management Accountant/ Financial Controller to join ENCLOTHED.CO.UK.
Working closely with the Directors, the Management Accountant/ Financial Controller will be trusted to support the company’s commercial operations.
You will be responsible for all weekly, monthly and yearly statutory, accounting and financial reporting within the business and for cash flow management.
Your core duties will be wide-ranging, including:
- Resolving queries both internally and externally around outstanding invoices
- Monthly management accounts including variance analysis with budget and forecasts
- Annual statutory accounts
- All Bookkeeping and weekly reconciliations (including Bank, creditors, cash and debtors)
- Overseeing payroll (which is administered by our payroll team)
- Accounts payable/receivable
- You will take ownership of the relationship with the bank and with our suppliers.
- Getting invoices signed off by the Directors on a weekly basis
- Credit Card sales/ merchant service provider reconciliation
- Point of Contact for all Suppliers regarding payments
- Assisting with preparation for end of year accounts liaising with outsourced accountant
- Quarterly VAT Returns
- Weekly Cash Flow Forecasting, review Actual V Plan
- Checking the correct uploading all Entries & Reconciling them all
- Ensure Xero is kept up to date daily and accurate at all times
You will be responsible for the preparation and tracking of the annual budget and will provide valued input into the appraisal of new business opportunities, existing contracts and costings. You will review and continuously improve the processes and controls.
At least two years’ experience in a similar role is required - Experience in the retail sector would be an advantage. However, such experience is not essential. An understanding of Xero accounting system is ideal.
- Fluent English (both written and spoken)
- 5+ Years experience
- Full qualified (CIMA, ACCA)
- Advanced level or above Microsoft Offices skills, including Word and Excel
- Either Retail or ECOM experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player and a joy to work with
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task
- Good organisational skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and take direction
- Ability to prioritise workload effectively
£35,000-£50,000, depending on skills and experience
Employment contracts are full-time
Statutory sick and maternity pay